Call for Steiner Education Australia
2018 Research Grant Proposals
Proposal Opening Date June 5th 2017
Proposal Closing Date has been extended to August 16th 2017
Aim: To support and strengthen Steiner education in Australia
Objective: To provide support for theorised critical study with regard to national priorities in Steiner education with a view to peer-reviewed publication and wide dissemination in educational forums.
National Priorities to be addressed
- Early Childhood
- Class Teacher and High School Education
- Digital Technologies
- Is a genuine, original contribution to knowledge in the field and in accordance with identified national priorities and the SEA Future Directions Statement.
- Is conducted by a researcher with suitable experience in education, academic research and Steiner pedagogy.
- Has a sound clearly articulated methodology in quantitative or qualitative research (including autoethnographical research) which offers a critical study or investigation.
- Is theorised, showing familiarity with work of other researchers in the same area and with research and theorists/theories beyond the frame of Steiner education.
- Shows how any ethical considerations and conflicts have been answered effectively.
- Will conform to an accepted academic referencing standard APA6 for preference.
- Meets the standards for publication in a peer –reviewed journal e.g. RoSE journal, peer- reviewed Waldorf-Resources website. Aussie/NZ journal, Pacifica Journal and standard education journals
- The research must be conducted in whole or part within Australia
- The applicants must be entitled to work within Australia
- The Research must commence within 12 months of acceptance
Brief proposals should be submitted by email to the Education Officer at Steiner Education Australia firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16th 2017 on the proposal form below.
If the proposal meets the above criteria, as a next step applicants are invited to complete the full “SEA Research Grant Application Form” and will be advised at that time of further timelines and procedures.
Further information may be obtained on 02 9411 2579.