Steiner Education Research in Action Journal (SERA)
Steiner Education Research in Action is a new initiative of Steiner Education Australia. It offers a dedicated space for critical enquiry into Steiner education. The journal focuses on creating links between theory, research and educational practice, bringing researchers and practitioners into conversation.
Steiner education is gradually gaining visibility in academic discourse after a considerable period in which it was not represented. There are academic journals dedicated to research into the work of Steiner and into aspects of Steiner education. This proposal is to support the establishment of a peer-reviewed journal focused on the connection between Steiner theory and educational practice, specifically in the Australasian context.
The journal aims to extend and inform the practice of teaching in Australasian Steiner contexts, in early childhood, primary and secondary sectors (and tertiary, as appropriate). We welcome articles investigating teaching practices, student voice, student learning, leadership, administration, mentoring, teacher experience, inclusivity, reconciliation, and wellbeing, among other topics.
Steiner Education Research in Action will accept submissions of the following:
Peer reviewed articles:
- Research articles up to 6000 words (without references)
- Theoretical articles with direct applicability to educational practice
Articles submitted in these categories are double blind peer-reviewed, drawing on an international panel of reviewers.
The following will also be accepted:
- Opinion pieces with strong, critically reflective focus. 1000-1500 words
- Teacher reflections. Up to 1500 words
- Individual or collective responses to previously published pieces. 500-1000 words
- Book reviews, 500-1000 words. Authors are advised to contact the editors before writing a review to check suitability
- Outlines of research projects or theses which should not be longer than 1,500 words. Co-authored pieces, e.g. from theses, by students and supervisors are especially welcomed
For more information, and to submit your article, visit: journal.steinereducation.edu.auApr 2023