VISUAL ARTS TEACHER, 2022
- School: Chrysalis Steiner School, Thora (Bellingen)
- Closing Date: 24 January 2022
- Email: email@example.com
A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY: VISUAL ARTS TEACHER 2022
We are looking to appoint an innovative, creative and highly skilled art teacher with excellent communication skills and classroom experience. The successful applicant will have an understanding of the Steiner curriculum in the high school years, knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning, a passion and enthusiasm for teaching and working with young people. The position is one day a week (0.2 FTE) and will be working with our Stage 4-5 students.
Chrysalis Steiner School has been established for almost 40 years and we currently have around 200 students across classes K-8. The School is located on the Bellinger River, approximately 20 minutes drive from the picturesque town of Bellingen. Our setting is on a hillside facing National Parkland, providing a uniquely beautiful environment for our children.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in, the areas listed below:
- Teaching Visual Arts across Stage 4-5
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding, commitment and knowledge of Steiner education
- Be supportive of the anthroposophical ethos of the College
- Adhere to the Chrysalis Teaching Framework and Child Protection policies and procedures
- Be an experienced, innovative, creative, positive and engaging team player
- Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment
- Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
- An understanding of the principles of child development through the lens of Rudolf Steiner’s picture of human development and how these apply to your teaching practice.
- A demonstrated love for children and teaching.
- A commitment to professional learning and inner development through anthroposophical studies and artistic activities.
- The ability to plan and deliver a developmentally appropriate curriculum that integrates the visual arts in line with the Australian Steiner Chrysalis School Curriculum documents.
- Suitable qualifications at a Secondary Level
- Teaching experience: with reference to Steiner Secondary Curriculum experiences where applicable.
- The ability to work collegially and a willingness to actively participate in and contribute to the cultural and festival life of the school.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Hold a current Working with Children Check.
Applications should include:
- A general expression of interest.
- CV – This includes: Working with Children clearance, Teaching qualifications, teacher registration, interests, a brief summary of your career outlining relevant positions you have held and major responsibilities.
- Statements, which concisely describe how you consider yourself suitable against each of the selection criteria noted above.
- The names, positions and telephone contact numbers for at least three referees who can comment on your suitability for this position, including one referee at your current school.
Questions regarding this process are welcome and should in the first instance be referred to Lisa O’Donnell on 02 6655 8616.
Applications close Monday 24 January 2022 and should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.