Violin/ Viola Position 0.2
Mansfield Steiner School is seeking to appoint a dynamic, suitably qualified musician to the position of Violin teacher. This is a 0.2 – 0.4 FTE fixed-term position (with possible growth).
The successful applicant will:
- have the ability to teach violin and viola.
- have a strong working knowledge of classical violin repertoire as well as a variety of other styles including folk and improvisation.
- be comfortable teaching Class 3 to Class 12 students.
- have the ability to facilitate and direct string ensembles if required.
- participate in school music events as required from time to time.
- have a demonstrated commitment to Steiner education or a willingness to learn.
- have excellent communication skills.
- have the ability to work successfully within a team.
- have a current WWCC and Police Check (VIT Registration an advantage)
General duties & requirements:
- Be at school for the committed hours of employment and be punctual for lessons duties and meetings.
- Attend Staff and faculty meetings, as well as other relevant meetings as determined by the School Leadership Team.
- Be rostered on for yard duty, supervising children before, during and after school as required.
- Actively work as part of a team, both with Faculty and the School as a whole.
- Attend and participate in whole School festivals open days and fairs.
- Attend and participate in curriculum/staff development days and in-service or training courses.
- Be available to attend relevant meetings, workshops and conferences outside school hours.
- Follow up and be familiar with all school policies.
- Maintain professional standards at all times, particularly with regard to communication, confidentiality, collegiality and School Ethos.
- Have appropriate qualifications.
Please send a cover letter outlining your suitability, enthusiasm for this position, and C.V to: Glenn Hood Principal via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17 FEBURARY 2023
Please note that this position may be filled before the closing date if a suitable applicant is found.