Teaching Principal – commencing Term 1 2023 (negotiable)
We seek a warm, experienced, and committed school leader, who is aligned with and committed to the consciousness of a developing Steiner School and its community, who embraces the philosophy of Steiner Education with a sense of renewal, and who is excited to join and strengthen a developing school in Agnes Water for a minimum of three years.
Open since January 2017, Goora Gan Steiner School is located by a surf beach, four hours north of Noosa on the Queensland coast. The school is at site capacity with 60 students enrolled across P-Class 6, and is preparing to build its permanent site on 4.7 acres, ready for occupancy in 2024.
The following multi-age classes currently exist: Prep, Class 1/2, Class 3/4 and Class 5/6.
The employment of a Teaching Principal will support a shift in Leadership model. As the school strives to develop its long-term class and staffing model – and prepares to build a new site for relocation in 2024, the Teaching Principal role requires a focus on quality teaching and teacher mentorship/development, as well as a strong understanding of – and flexibility to work creatively with – the curriculum, to meet the needs of multi-age classes and the children of the community.
- Love of children, and a passion for teaching and learning
- Experience with school leadership
- Proven, successful, compassionate leadership experience and skills
- Excellent, demonstrated communication skills
- A sound understanding – and demonstrated application of – child centred pedagogy and Steiner education
- A willingness to commit to engage with the principles of Steiner Education through ongoing professional learning
- Proven Curriculum programming, documentation, planning, assessment, and reporting skills
- Understanding of being a professional within a small community
- Willingness to commit for a minimum of three years
The successful applicant will meet the following Essential Criteria:
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to commencement (QCOT)
- Minimum of three years full-time school leadership experience, preferably within multi-age settings
- Leadership experience within Steiner education
Applications should include:
- An expression of interest
- An application which addresses the qualities listed above
- Demonstrated proof as regards essential criteria,
- Current CV with two referees (including current/most recent employer)
Questions are welcome and should be referred to Melissa Thomson (School Facilitator) on Ph 0412 518 285. First round Applications close 15th August 2022 and should be submitted electronically to Melissa@gooragansteiner.qld.edu.au