A Wonderful Opportunity: Class Teacher in Beachside Town 2018
We seek a warm, experienced and committed teacher with a CAN-DO attitude who embraces the philosophy of Steiner Education and is excited to join and strengthen a pioneering school in Agnes Water, north of Noosa on the Queensland coast.
Open since January 2017, we currently have 16 students across 2 classes – a Pre-prep/prep class and a Class 1/2 combo, and seek an additional teacher to help to grow and develop our school.
- Love of children and teaching
- Excellent, demonstrable communication skills
- A sound understanding and application of the principles of Rudolf Steiner education within Curriculum programming, behaviour management and colleagueship
- Adaptable and committed to staying current with global changes, open to exploration and implementation of new ways, whilst maintaining the essence of Steiner Education
- Excellent Curriculum programming and documentation skills
- Excellent time management skills to cope with the teaching workload and demands of the school
- Warmth and an ability to develop strong, positive relationships with students and community
- Willingness and commitment to understanding and deepening the practice of Anthroposophy through participation in ongoing personal and professional learning.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism within a small community
The successful applicant will meet the following Essential Criteria:
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to commencement (QCOT)
- Minimum 3 years full-time teaching experience, preferably with Steiner teaching experience and multi-age setting
- Interviews will be available in Brisbane where applicable
Applications should include:
- An expression of interest
- An application which addresses the qualities listed above
- Demonstrated performance against the essential criteria
- Current CV with two referees (including current/most recent employer)
Questions regarding this process are welcome and should in the first instance be referred to Melissa Thomson on Ph 0412 518 285. Applications close 30th September and should be submitted electronically to President@gooragansteiner.qld.edu.au