Contract Type: Part Time (0.50 FTE) initially until end 2021
Level 1 Teacher’s Aid, during school term time
Applications Close: 12 April 2021
The position is during school Term time, for 4 hours per day:
- Monday and Tuesday 10am to 2pm; and
- Wednesday and Thursday 11:15am to 3:15pm
- and Friday 9am to 1pm
Experience in a child setting and knowledge of Steiner Education is preferred.
The position is initially until the end of 2021, with the opportunity to possibly continue.
Anticipated start date: Mon 19th April 2021
The position includes:
- Assisting a lower-high school student during lessons. This might include organising books and materials; assisting the student to follow teacher instructions and to complete lesson tasks; and re-explaining lesson information the teacher has given. It might also include supervising the student in lessons in the technics workshop or in the kitchen.
- On Mon to Wed the position includes supervision of kindergarten students during lunch time.
- Some experience supervising or working with teenagers
- At least an interest in Rudolf Steiner education
- The ability to work with empathy and to build a rapport with a high school studentin a high school setting
- The ability to supervise kindergarten students with appropriate boundaries, and gentleness and under the guidance of the teacher.
- The ability to be confidential in and around the work place
- Reliable and prompt, appropriately presented and effective in supportive communication.
- Max 2 pages to address the Selection Criteria
- Max 2 pages Resume
2. Applications close 5pm 12th April 2021, however, earlier applications will be considered upon receipt, which may lead to interviews before the closing date.
3. Confirmation of receipt of application will be emailed within 2 school days of receipt of application. If no confirmation is received after this time, phone the school office on 12th April.
4. Applicants who are invited to an interview will be contacted on or before 13th April. A further interview may be required.