Commencing in Term One 2019
Lorien Novalis School is situated in the Hills District of Sydney, about 45 minutes to the northwest of the city, nestled in lush bushlands and landscape gardens. The school has been offering a rich and creative Steiner curriculum for over 40 years and built a strong reputation for the diverse and engaging education that it provides.
Lorien Novalis Steiner School is offering a position in the form of an Internship with the aim to become a Class Teacher in our Primary School.
The person accepted for this position would:
- Be intending to become a committed Class Teacher, taking a class from Class One through to Class Seven.
- Assist the Class One Teacher, and at times other teachers, in practical, organisational and educational matters.
- Stand in as relief teacher to Classes One to Seven as needed.
- Teach a portion of weekly timetabled lessons under the guidance of Class Teachers and the Coordinator and according to the school’s curriculum, with the view of developing skills and attributes to be a teacher within our school context and ethos.
- Attend afterschool professional development including teacher meetings, artistic lessons and other study sessions.
- Take responsibility for undertaking self-study in relation to Steiner Education and Anthroposophy.
- Have qualifications to be registered with NESA – NSW Educational Standards Authority. (Conditional or Provisional Accreditation accepted)
- Hold a current Working with Children Check.
We would be seeking qualities such as:
- A warm and appropriate rapport with children.
- Creativity in drawing, painting, music, handwork and other arts.
- Active enthusiasm for outdoor activities.
- Respectful openness to learning the ethos and culture of Lorien Novalis and Steiner Education.
- Engagement in Speech and Eurythmy.
- Working cooperatively and professionally with staff and management.
Preferred, but not essential, that the applicant has:
- Experience working in a Steiner School.
- Completed a form of study in Steiner Education or Anthroposophy.
Applications should be emailed as a single PDF attachment to Vivien Sievers, Head of Primary School: email@example.com.
You application should include: a covering letter outlining details of your interest, knowledge and experience in teaching and Steiner Education; your CV; two professional references.
For confidential initial enquiries about the position please call Vivien Sievers, Head of Primary School on (02) 9658 0700.
Applications close by 28thSeptember, 2019