Support Education Teacher Part Time
Commencing Term 1, 2020 or as soon as possible.
We are seeking to appoint a professional, motivated and engaging teacher as a key member of our Support Education team. This position is part-time carries an allocation of 0.50 EFT, with a focus on Literacy across both primary and secondary classes.
The Support Education – Literacy teacher will work closely with colleagues, advising Class and other Specialist Teachers on appropriate ways to modify their content for gifted and/or learning-disabled students. The successful applicant will work in the classroom, with small groups and one to one, in or out of the classroom as the need arises.
Sophia Mundi is an inner-city Steiner school located in the vibrant Abbotsford Convent precinct close to the Yarra River. We are the first Steiner school in Australia and one of only a handful worldwide to offer the International Baccalaureate qualification.
Qualifications Required Skills:
- Special Education training is essential for this position.
- The successful applicant will have excellent organizational and IT skills
- The successful applicant must hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Ideally the person employed will have knowledge and experience of Steiner education, philosophy, child development.
- Experience with diagnostic and special assessments would be an advantage
The successful applicant will:
- be interested in researching and exploring different pedagogy,
- have the ability to look into each step in a learning process and recognize the very small steps and the order of teaching them
- be able to creatively use and adapt materials particularly for the visual/spatial learners
- be able to use movement to support the child’s learning
- have the patience to work at the child’s own pace, extending him or her a little each session
The person employed may be required to co-ordinate the NAPLAN testing of Classes 3, 5, 7 and 9.
They will be required to administer or co-ordinate the standardized testing, analyse the results and report to school Management and the relevant teachers.
For further information about this position or to submit an application, please email the Principal, Fiona Cock: email@example.com
Applications close: Thursday, 12 March 2020