STEM TEACHER PART-TIME 2020
Commencing Term 2, 2020 or as soon as possible.
We are seeking to appoint a professional, motivated and engaging teacher as a key member of our new high school at Aurora Southern Highlands Steiner School. This position is part-time 0.40 FTE negotiable, with a focus on teaching science and mathematics to Years 7 and 8 and digital technologies across the middle school (Years 5-8). The role will include curriculum development, so a knowledge of NSW syllabi as well as Steiner experience is advantageous.
The STEM teacher will work closely with colleagues, advising class and other specialist teachers on appropriate ways to modify to include digital technology in the classroom. The successful applicant will work in the classroom, with small groups and one to one, in or out of the classroom as the need arises.
Aurora Southern Highlands school is located in Bowral and offers an integrated, interdisciplinary curriculum for students from Playgroup to Year 8. Our academically rigorous programis integrated with creative arts and personal development. Lessons are presented imaginatively, to engage the whole-hearted participation of the students: physically, cognitively and emotionally. The composite Class 7/8 in 2020 is our pioneer high school class and we will be expanding to Year 12 by 2023, looking to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma in for Years 11 and 12, the only school in the region to do so.
- STEM qualifications
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- Current NESA accreditation or eligibility
- Working With Children Check
- Ability to work innovatively and efficiently and adapt to a unique, integrated learning environment
- Interest in researching and exploring a range of pedagogical ideas and practice
- Knowledge and experience of Steiner education, philosophy and child development
- Experience with the International Baccalaureate curriculum in STEM subject areas
Please send your CV and application letter to James Goodlet email@example.com by 5pm Monday 9thMarch.
Enquiries via email or 0432212586