STEINER KINDERGARTEN TEACHER – 2023
Golden Hill Steiner School provides a wonderful place for children to shine. We are located in the beautiful coastal town of Denmark, Western Australia, approximately 400kms south of Perth. where the forest meets the sea. Established 35 years ago, the school has grown to offer a full Steiner curriculum from Playgroup to Class 6. In 2023 we will begin our secondary expansion by introducing Class 7 and adding an additional Class each year.
If you are an enthusiastic teacher with a desire to work with an anthroposophical understanding of child development, we invite you to apply to join our team in 2023 to take up a full-time position as our Kindergarten K5 & K6 teacher.
Golden Hill Steiner School is committed to being a child safe organisation, taking a preventative and participatory stance on child protection issues and promoting a child safe environment. Written applications must include a CV, a two-page cover letter addressing the selection criteria and three referees, one of which must be your most recent line manager.
- Current registration or provisional registration, with the Teachers Registration Board WA
- Current WA Working with Children Check
- A knowledge of, or genuine interest in, and willingness to learn about Steiner education
- Ability to work independently and as a part of our team
- Excellent communication skills
- Current first aid certificate
- Steiner Education qualification
- Previous experience working in a Steiner school
- Understanding of learning support needs
- A high regard for Steiner education and how it compares with other contemporary educational practices and a willingness to continue developing an understanding of the Steiner curriculum and its implementation.
- High level of oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in effective behaviour management congruent with Steiner education principals.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with children.
- Proven ability to work collegially including participating effectively in group decision making.
- Ability and willingness to promote the school to parents and the community when required.
Applications should be marked ‘Private & Confidential’ and emailed to Jacqui Hamblin, Principal at the following address: email@example.com
For a conversation about this position, and to discuss accommodation options, please phone Jacqui Hamblin on 0429 513 456
Applications close 4:00pm on Friday October 7th 2022.