SPECIALIST TEACHER – WOODCRAFT, TERM 3 AND 4 2020
(WITH POSSIBLE EXTENSION FOR 2021)
Golden Hill Steiner School provides a wonderful place for children to shine. We are located in the beautiful coastal town of Denmark, Western Australia, where the forest meets the sea and are approximately 400kms south of Perth.
Established 30 years ago, the school has grown to offer a full Steiner curriculum from Playgroup to Class 6. If you are an enthusiastic teacher with a desire to work with an anthroposophical understanding of child development, we invite you to apply to join our wonderful team from term 3, 2020 to take up the part-time position as our Specialist Woodcraft teacher, 13 hours per week.
Golden Hill Steiner School is committed to being a child safe organisation, taking a preventative and participatory stance on child protection issues and promoting a child safe environment.
Written applications must include a CV, a two-page cover letter addressing the selection criteria and three referees, one of which must be your most recent line manager.
- Current certificate of registration or provisional registration, with the Teachers Registration Board WA
- Current WA Working with Children Check
- A knowledge of, or genuine interest in, and willingness to learn about Steiner education
- Willingness to follow the ASCF curriculum
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Steiner Education qualification
- Previous experience working in a Steiner school
- Understanding of learning support needs
- Current first aid certificate
- A high regard for Steiner education and how it compares with other contemporary educational practices and a willingness to develop an understanding of the Steiner curriculum and its implementation.
- High level of oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in effective behaviour management congruent with Steiner education principals.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with children and motivate them to be enthusiastic learners.
- Proven ability to work collegially including participating effectively in group decision making.
- Ability and willingness to promote the school to parents and the community when required.
Applications should be marked ‘Private & Confidential’ and emailed to Jacqui Hamblin, Principal at the following address email@example.com
For a conversation about this position, please phone Jacqui Hamblin 0429 513 456
Applications close 4:00pm on Monday 6th July 2019