Teacher – Special Needs, Full Time, Warrah Special School
Warrah is seeking a qualified teacher with the commitment to work with children with Special Needs for 2019. Our preference is for a teacher trained in Steiner Education with a therapeutic/curative approach based on the work of Rudolph Steiner and Karl Konig, and ideally someone who has worked with special needs.
Warrah Special School is a small school set in a rural property amidst other adult services for people with a disability. We teach students from K – 12 complying with all NSW Board of Studies requirements and offering a program rich in creative arts, farming and life skills supplemented with appropriate therapies.
If you are interested in working in the only Curative Education School in Australia and making a positive difference in the lives of the students at Warrah, please forward your application with your resume addressing the selection criteria to Evelyn Bush at: email@example.com.
Essential & Preferred Criteria
- Minimum Bachelor of Education.
- Knowledge and willingness to learn about and engage with Warrah’s Mission, Values and the principles of Rudolf Steiner’s Curative Education.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn and fulfil the requirements of the NSW Board of Studies and Steiner Education Australia Curriculum.
- Experience in empowering and supporting people with intellectual disabilities and special needs.
- Commitment to support the rights, interests and the needs of people with disabilities in education.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and documentation skills and the capacity to build and maintain relationships and trust.
- An ability to listen and learn with the students to plan, organise and deliver individualised services and activities based on the individual’s needs, interests, wishes and abilities.
- Ability to work in a changing environment with a commitment to bringing the best in curative education to the students.
- Demonstrates empathy, discretion, professionalism, and a willingness to try new things.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively to achieve individual and team requirements.
- A current NSW driver’s licence and a current First Aid Certificate are preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and word processing skills.
- An ability to work both as part of a co-operative team and also independently.