SECONDARY TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS & SCIENCE FTE:0.6 – 0.7
An exciting opportunity exists for a capable and passionate Mathematics/Science teacher to take on this position, commencing January 2021.
Tarremah is a well-established, vibrant independent school situated on Mouheneener country, fifteen minutes south of Hobart, in close proximity to a nature reserve, beaches, and Kunyani (Mt Wellington). Tarremah is a well-established school which is governed by a dynamic and capable group of community members and managed collaboratively by an executive group consisting of faculty representatives, the Business Manager, Education Administrator and School Chair following a republican model. All those in positions of authority are called upon to aspire to a spirit of service inspired by ideals of inclusivity, the cultivation of the individual and care for the collective ‘good’.
Tarremah offers classes from Kindergarten to Class 10 and has a school population of around 245 students. Our location allows us to take advantage of Tasmania’s wilderness, world heritage areas, coastlines and indigenous cultural sites. The city of Hobart offers a vibrant cultural life that rivals larger cities, while Hobart’s smaller size makes more of this culture accessible to everyone.
We are seeking a Secondary Mathematics and Science teacher for Classes 7 – 10. This is a 0.6 – 0.7FTE position, commencing in Term 1 of 2021. Applicants will need to be appropriately qualified, enthusiastic and innovative educators with a genuine and developing interest in Steiner education. Experience in, and knowledge of Steiner education and pedagogy is desirable.
Please provide the following in your application:
- A cover letter introducing yourself and expressing why you are interested in the position;
- A document specifically addressing the selection criteria;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae, including relevant qualifications, employment history and contact details for three professional referees including your current and most recent previous employer.
The following will also need to be provided at interview, as condition for employment:
- Eligibility for registration as a teacher in Tasmania;
- Ability to obtain a current Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People card;
- Relevant First Aid training.
Application process, Position Description, Selection Criteria and further information are available on the school’s website or by contacting the Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application close at 3pm on Monday 30 November, 2020