Secondary Teacher Chemistry & Physics
Orana Steiner School (Orana) is an independent, co-educational and non-denominational school set in 13 hectares of unique, natural landscape in Weston, ACT. It was founded in 1981 and currently has around 650 students from pre-school [3 y/o] to Year 12.
We are currently seeking a secondary teacher who will be teaching Chemistry and Physics to Year 7 -12 students. The suitable candidate will have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for Steiner philosophy, and be interested in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
This is a permanent positions and will commence January 2018.
- Formal teaching qualifications
- Proven experience in teaching Year 11 & 12 students
- Teaching experience in subject area, preferably across a range of classes
- Experience with ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies
- ACT TQI Registered or eligible for the ACT TQI registration
- A commitment to supporting and promoting Orana’s ethos
- Understanding of the Steiner curriculum
- Interpersonal and communication skills of high standard
- Positive attitude towards children and a love of teaching
- Willing to work within the School community whilst taking individual initiative
- Current or eligible for ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration
Apply in writing by emailing your application to email@example.com.
The application document should include current resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria. Please ensure your application details your full qualifications, experience and your referees.
Applications close on 15 September 2017.