Combinations of Secondary Mathematics, Science, Physical Education, and Learning Support Teacher
Appointment Type: 0.6-1.0
Reporting to: Glenn Hood, Principal
Key Relationships: Principal, Secondary Coordinator, Wellbeing Coordinator, Outdoor Education Coordinator
The Mathematics, Science, Physical Education, and Learning Support Teacher/s will be dynamic educators with a commitment to Steiner Education and its method of teaching. They will be required to deliver Main Lessons each morning across the week, as well as Secondary Mathematics and Science practice classes. They will be supported by existing staff to work in a strong secondary teaching team and will provide learning support to the Secondary faculty.
- Current Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration
- Suitable qualifications in Mathematics & Science at a Secondary level
- Sound knowledge of the Australian Steiner Curriculum framework
- Sound knowledge of Steiner Education and Rudolf Steiner’s theories of child development
1. Plan, implement and bring the curriculum in a creative way across the Secondary School and as outlined by the School as per the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework.
2. Work from an Anthroposophical understanding of child development.
3. Work with and follow the directives given by the Principal.
4. Create an atmosphere that fosters and nourishes learning.
5. Make ongoing evaluations and assessment records of each student in the class
6. Complete student reports twice a year which, comply with federal regulations for reporting. They should note attendance, as well as comment on the development and progress of the student.
7. Be available to attend parent teacher interviews at least once a year or by request and parent information evenings at least twice a year.
8. Develop and use a variety of effective strategies for behaviour management.
9. Undergo a yearly staff appraisal of performance and review.
POSITION OVERVIEW AND PURPOSE
- Deliver Science and Mathematics Main Lesson in the rhythm that they are intended.
- Work closely with the Numeracy /literacy support staff.
- Maintain and develop the science resources required to teach the ASCF effectively.
- Be at school for the committed hours of employment and be punctual for lessons duties and meetings.
- Work with and improve the curriculum
- Contribute regularly to the school newsletter and journal.
- Attend college of teacher and faculty meetings Pro Rata
- Work as part of a team
- Work in co-operation with colleagues and the school policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in whole school festivals, open days, and fairs Pro-rata
- Attend and participate in curriculum/staff development days and in-service or training courses.
- Be available to attend relevant meetings, workshops, and conferences outside school hours.
- Follow up and be familiar with all school policies.
- Maintain a professional standard of confidentiality.
- Provide advice and guidance to parents and students to support them in their learning journey at Mansfield Steiner School.