Enhanced salary for our top 2 salary bands now on offer
Orana Steiner School is now offering an additional 6.29% on top of its Band 2, Step 13 salary, and an additional 4.25% on top of its Band 3, ST1 salary.
Permanent, full-time position available now
Orana School is looking for a dynamic teacher to teach High School Science and Senior College Human Biology.
Orana Steiner School is a vibrant, growing co-educational Early Childhood to Year 12 school of around 600 students. Set within a natural landscape and on a magnificent 16-hectare property in Weston, an inner south suburb of Canberra, Orana seeks to provide a high-quality education for its students, based on the Steiner Education tradition. In its 40-year history, Orana Steiner School has developed an enviable reputation for its standards and achievements, and its warm, caring culture. Orana proudly employs applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Within the guidelines of the Australian Steiner Education Curriculum Framework, you will work creatively to plan, implement and monitor a quality educational science program, grounded solidly in the philosophy and principles of Steiner Education and in line with our core principles, vision, mission and values.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Teaching experience in the subject areas, preferably across a range of year levels
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire young people and communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers, volunteers and support staff
- the ability to integrate technology into classroom practice
- broad knowledge of ACARA curriculum.
- knowledge and experience of effective teaching and learning practice based on an inquiry model
- a willingness to participate enthusiastically in the School’s pastoral and co-curricular program
- a cultural understanding and respect of people from all backgrounds; and
- have a strong commitment to student welfare.
The right person for the job will:
- have exemplary and innovative pedagogical skills
- be committed to ongoing professional development
- be capable of delivering dynamic and effective lessons
- be organised, energetic and self-directed
- have a sharp and progressive vision of teaching and learning in what is a successful and dynamic school.
- a commitment to further personal development through anthroposophical study and artistic activity; and
- have an active interest and enthusiasm to engage with the Steiner curriculum.
- Formal teaching qualifications
- Steiner training is desirable but not essential.
- Current ACT TQI Registration (or eligibility to obtain).
- Current ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WwVP) registration (or eligibility to obtain).
Salary and Conditions
Our school operates under the Independent Schools NSW Teachers (Hybrid Model) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2021. Salary and conditions are determined by this agreement and salary offer is subject to confirmation of employment history via an official Statement of Service.
How to Apply
Please apply directly through the SEEK portal. To be considered, your application must include:
- Your resume, including full contact details and details of two referees
- A brief statement outlining your suitability for the position.
- A Statement of Service is required before a formal salary offer can be made. Applicants are encouraged to provide this at application stage where possible/available to ensure a timely onboarding process.
Email address for enquiries: HR@oranaschool.com. Applications must be submitted through SEEK.
Applications close: as soon as a suitable applicant is found.