Science & Maths Teacher – Middle School – Commencing 8th Jan, 2024
Birali Steiner School is a developing, innovative and vibrant Steiner School, in Beachmere just north of Brisbane on Moreton Bay. It presently operates with a Principal, a Leadership Team, Class Teachers, Teacher Aides, an Individual Enrichment Team, Administration Team and Maintenance Team with approximately 130 students (approx. 150 in 2024). The school is accredited P-10 and in 2024 will have classes of Prep, Classes 1, 2, 3, 4/5, 6/7, 8/9 and 10. In November 2018 the school moved to its permanent, 26-acre, greenfield site with the long-term vision for a K-12 school.
Birali Steiner School has a strong collaborative approach where staff work collaboratively and professionally together for the benefit of the students and the school as a whole. Further information about Birali Steiner School can be found in the Parent Handbook published on our website – Policies, Documents & Reports – Birali Steiner School.
All staff employed by Birali Steiner School are expected to support our Steiner Education philosophy.
The Teacher will:
- be guided by the pedagogical vision developed by Birali Steiner School and working with the guidelines of the National Curriculum and the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework
- creatively plan, implement and monitor a quality education program for all children, grounded solidly in the philosophy and principles of Steiner Education
- develop and enhance a consistent curriculum framed within Steiner Education Association (SEA) Curriculum aligned with ACARA and which is delivered with creative freedom, approaching subjects through the realm of art, music, imagination and the oral tradition; and seeking to find fresh connections with his/her subject matter
- strive to understand and work with the ethos of Birali Steiner School
- demonstrate willingness to seek assistance/guidance from colleagues
- collaboratively engage with peers across the School, for the benefit of the school as a whole
- be accountable for teaching and pastoral care of their students, working with the other teachers and with conscious awareness of the needs of the children and the role of the parents and guardians in their child’s education
- demonstrate a strong commitment to and understanding of duty of care, participate actively in the life of the School Community, and demonstrate commitment to ongoing individual and collaborative professional development
We are seeking an experienced and committed Science and Maths Teacher for our Middle School Years 7 to 10 for 0.5 FTE averaged over the year. Our current Science and Maths Teacher is highly experienced and will be available for training and mentoring in 2024 as required.
- Ability to creatively plan, implement and monitor a quality education program for a diverse cohort of learners in a professional, accountable and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability of willingness to work collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues across the school
- Demonstrated capacity to duty of care and commitment to the life of the school
- Demonstrated commitment to the curriculum, the arts, numeracy, literacy and student engagement
Requirements of the role:
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCOT)
- An understanding of the principles of Rudolf Steiner education and anthroposophy and a love for children, an enthusiasm for teaching and realistic expectations of children, self, peers and parents and a willingness to deepen this understanding through ongoing professional learning
- Minimum 1 year full time classroom teaching experience, preferably in a Steiner School Educational setting
- Willingness to engage in a handover and mentoring support from existing staff
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills to ensure delivery of quality education through enhanced relationships with the Birali Steiner School community
Applications must address the above selection criteria and requirements.
Birali Steiner School employs under the conditions in the MA000077: Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2020. Birali Steiner School pays above award rates.
Applications and queries can be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday 10th December, 2023.