CAIRNS HINTERLAND STEINER SCHOOL
Cairns Hinterland Steiner School (CHSS) is a Kindergarten to Year 11 school with approximately 200 students, situated in Kuranda in a very beautiful rainforest setting, approximately 35 kms from Cairns. The school offers an education programmefrom Prep to Class 7 in Primary School, Class 8 to 11 in High School. The school is accredited for Class 11 from 2019, and Class 12 from 2020. The school is co-educational and non-denominational and offers the nationally accredited curriculum based on the educational insights and impulses of Rudolf Steiner. In 2018 the Big Picture Education Design was introduced from Class 9.
The School Director is given the responsibility, by the governing Board, for the day to day leadership and management of the school with due consideration and sensitivity to the mission, vision, social organisation and ethos. The School Director is a collaborative leader and engages in healthy and respectful partnership with the Board of Directors and school staff and builds supportive relationships with parents and students. This position holds responsibility for the education and implementation of the Australian Steiner Curriculum, staffing and professional learning, finance and facilities and planning and development. The School Director is required to uphold the aims and objectives of the CHSS, and to work cooperatively with the Board to achieve these objectives.
- A deep understanding of and commitment to the principals of Steiner Education.
- Experience teaching early childhood, primary and/or high school aged children.
- Commitment to further personal development through Anthroposophical study and artistic activity.
- Commitment to implement the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capacity to engage with the school community and build relationships.
- A highly collaborative leadership style.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a distributed leadership model.
- Demonstrated success and experience of leadership and management in a school setting.
- A demonstrated commitment to self- reflection and personal/professional growth.
The position of School Director will initially be a 3year contract and will be subject to a regular formal review process.
Please find the full Position Statement at https://www.chss.qld.edu.au/positions-available
Applications for the position will include a letter of application addressing the essential criteria, a CV and the names and contact details of 3 referees and be emailed with the title of ‘Confidential Application’ to email@example.com before the closing date of 9am Friday 26 April, 2019.