Castlemaine Steiner School & Kindergarten (CSSK) is seeking an enthusiastic Receptionist to join our Administrative team.
The School began its journey in 1988 and is located in a beautiful rural setting in Central Victoria approximately 1.5 hours from Melbourne. We provide a Steiner Education from Playgroup to Class 8, where at the completion of Class 8, students can continue their Senior Steiner Education locally in the Steiner Stream at Castlemaine Secondary College.
The Receptionist position description is available on the school website:
or via this link: CSSK Position Description Receptionist 2021
To be successful in this role, the incumbent must demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within a school setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to welcome visitors to reception
- Ability to present in a warm and professional manner
- High level of competence with IT use; Microsoft Office and student or customer database software
- Self-organisation skills, including ability to manage competing priorities in a busy environment
- Understanding of working with confidential information
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours when working with children according to Child Safe Standards
- Current First Aid Certificate Level 2, or willingness to obtain one prior to commencement
- Current Working with Children Check and Police check
How to Apply
Applications must include a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae and a separate document addressing the Selection Criteria. Applications should be marked ‘Private and Confidential’ and forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the close date of Friday 24th of September at 10am.
Addressing the Selection Criteria
A separate document addressing the Selection Criteria is required for all applications. Each criterion should be addressed with a 100-250 word statement that outlines how your current skills, attributes, knowledge and/or qualifications addresses the criteria.
All candidates will receive confirmation that their application has been received in full. Candidates who do not submit a complete application will not be shortlisted. Applications received after the position close date/time will not be considered.
Interviews for this position will take place on Monday 27th of September, in line with COVID restrictions present at the time.
The commencement date for this position is Tuesday 5th of October.
Enquiries for this position
For preliminary confidential enquiries or conversations about this position, please contact our Business Manager, Neil Bowker (03) 5479 2000.