Principal Position: Birali Steiner School, Beachmere, Queensland
Readvertised – appointed applicant reluctantly withdrew due to personal circumstances.
Birali Steiner School provides an education underpinned by Steiner Philosophy from Preparatory to Year 10. Our students are immersed in a holistic education that honours, nourishes and develops the creative spirit of the child and encourages the desire for lifelong learning.
This architecturally designed school is set in a traditional bush environment of 26 acres just a few kilometres to the beach, on the extraordinary coastline of Moreton Bay, Queensland. Located at Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, this is a great opportunity in an ideal location.
Birali Steiner School is a young and vibrant school and we are in an exciting growth phase. As such we are seeking an experienced leader who can align to the Steiner pedagogy and is passionate about growing our wonderful school sustainably whilst creating a culture of inclusiveness and collaboration.
About the Role
As Principal you will lead with strong values to ensure we provide learning experiences that encompass and emphasise physical development and connection to the natural world, advancement of the social and feeling life, development of artistic and creative capacity and the cultivation of living thinking through engaging academics.
This role offers the opportunity to play a pivotal part in guiding the school through growing enrolments and expanding the infrastructure to meet the future needs of this beautiful school. Building relationships with the local parent community as well as other stakeholders will be an important aspect of this role. It is essential that the Principal establishes clear direction and effective communication, working collaboratively, in a respectful partnership with the Board, Leadership Team and all staff to support the well-being and education development of our students.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Evidence of familiarity with, and/or a commitment to Steiner Education philosophy and principles.
- Demonstrated success in a Principal or high-level leadership role.
- Capacity to effectively lead a growing school by driving enrolment growth, raising school profile, planning for and addressing infrastructure needs and implementing the Strategic Plan
- Evidence of highly collaborative leadership, skilled communicator, and effective management of all staff and resources
- Capacity to develop and maintain a positive and rewarding school culture through professionally developing and instilling a culture of high standards and student-centred action
- Commitment to an engaging student learning environment through promoting and delivering holistic education balancing academic, artistic, and practical learning experiences.
The successful applicant must hold a current Queensland College of Teachers Certificate. The Position commences Term 1 2022.
Applications for this position must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the 6 Key Selection Criteria (max 4 pages)
- Minimum of 3 professional referees’ names and contacts. Referees should be informed of the application for this position.
Please email Applications and requests for the Position Description to
- Mr Steve Laughton Birali Board Chair
via the Birali Board Secretary Email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications 19 November, 2021, or sooner should a successful candidate be found.