Cape Byron Rudolf Steiner School, located in the idyllic regional centre of Byron Bay is seeking an inspirational leader who can work constructively with both our College of Teachers and wider community to inspire and lead the school to achieve its strategic vision into its next exciting chapter.
Cape Byron Rudolf Steiner School is an independent, co-educational, non-sectarian school providing education from Kindergarten through to Year 12. The school is a fully accredited and registered educational institution and is a proud member of Steiner Education Australia (SEA). The school offers a high-quality education which is based on the indications given by Rudolf Steiner and which meets the requirements of the NSW Board of Studies, Teaching and Education Standards.
The successful applicant will have a deep understanding of Steiner pedagogy as well as the educational frameworks and administrative systems and processes needed to underpin a thriving and effective school.
Cape Byron Rudolf Steiner School, with a diverse, student population of over 370 children from kindergarten to Year 12 offers offer a full Steiner Waldorf curriculum from Kindergarten, through to Year 12. The Steiner approach addresses the whole person, intellectually, emotionally, and socially, to develop each student’s innate self-discipline and strength of body and wellbeing.
Key skills and attributes include:
- Experience in and commitment to Steiner Education
- Proven Leadership capability
- Progressive and Strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage financial and physical resources
- Excellent communication and people skills to work with a committed team of teachers and an engaged parent community
- Ability to articulate and promote Steiner Education
- Awareness of school statutory obligations
Key responsibilities are:
- foster CBRSS’s distinctive iCAN (inspired, creative, academic, nurturing) model of K-12 Steiner education
- Encourage growth in Anthroposophical understanding amongst staff, students, and the wider community
- Be a voice for CBRSS’s distinctive iCAN model of education, both representing that model, and leading its future development
- Direct the School’s teaching and learning programs to provide a comprehensive, diverse, well-balanced and engaging education for all students
- Promote and advocate for the school as a place of creative, academic learning excellence and a centre of exceptional nurturing
- Encourage and support the development of best practice in learning and teaching methodologies
- Represent the School in the education system and ensure that the school meets all the criteria of external agencies including Registration and Accreditation requirements.
- Embody and inspire excellence in creative and academic teaching, and in nurturing pastoral care
- Recruit, develop and motivate a team of top-quality staff
- Ensure appropriate strategies for the pastoral care of staff
- Be a visible, warm presence in the day-to-day life of the school
- Manage enrolment, wellbeing and discipline of the students
- Promote the Co-curricular development of the students, including physical, spiritual, and pastoral development in conjunction with the School’s Steiner-inspired values.
FINANCE AND RESOURCES LEADERSHIP
- Chair the Business Management Team
- In collaboration with the Board, the Leadership Team and the Business Management Team, ensure prudent financial, asset and resource management, together with effective public relations, marketing and fundraising
- Liaise with, and where necessary lead the Site Management Team
- Optimise the school’s enrolment base
- Ensure compliance with relevant New South Wales and Commonwealth legislation, including, but not limited to, Work, Health and Safety, and Child Protection legislation.
- Foster relationships and effective communication with the local community and with parents/carers
- Develop relationships with the broader community
- Develop relationships with the wider Steiner family of Schools and with Steiner Education Australia
- Develop the school’s profile through appropriate channels, including marketing through various media.
Cape Byron Rudolf Steiner School has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia has been engaged to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, all enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Darren Roylett via email: email@example.com or 0488001064.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 17 October 2022