Principal Position: Birali Steiner School, Beachmere, Queensland
Birali Steiner School provides a holistic education underpinned by Steiner Philosophy of Anthroposophy through:
- engaging our head, heart and hands
- encompassing the values of respect and kindness
Students of Birali Steiner School are immersed in a holistic education balancing academic, artistic, and practical learning experiences.
This architecturally designed school is set in a traditional bush environment of 26 acres just a few kilometres to the beach, on the extraordinary coastline of Moreton Bay, Queensland. Located at Beachmere, Birali Steiner School provides a Steiner Education from Preparatory Year to Year 8 and into Year 9 next year. The school follows the Australian Steiner Curriculum.
Birali Steiner School is a young and vibrant school and we are in an exciting growth phase. As such we are seeking an experienced leader with a grounding in Steiner Pedagogy who is passionate about growing our wonderful school sustainably and creating a culture of inclusiveness and collaboration.
About the Role
Reporting to the Board, the Principal is delegated the responsibility for leading the effective day-to-day operations of the school. The Principal is responsible for the educational leadership and curriculum implementation through the Australian Steiner Curriculum and in accordance with educational authorities. It is essential that the Principal establishes clear direction and effective communication, working collaboratively, in a respectful partnership with the Board, Leadership Team, College of Teachers, all staff and the parent community to support the well-being and education development of our students. The Principal is required to uphold the direction of the Strategic Plan and to meet agreed and planned outcomes. The role is also required to work with the Business Manager to report to the Board on budgetary, staffing and future development requirements.
There will also be a small teaching component in this role.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Evidence of familiarity with, and a commitment to Steiner Education philosophy and principles.
- Demonstrated success in a Principal or high-level leadership role.
- Capacity to effectively lead a growing school by driving enrolment growth, raising school profile, planning for and addressing infrastructure needs and implementing the Strategic Plan
- Evidence of highly collaborative leadership, skilled communicator, and effective management of all staff and resources
- Capacity to develop and maintain a positive and rewarding school culture through professionally developing and instilling a culture of high standards and student-centred action
- Commitment to an engaging student learning environment through promoting and delivering holistic education balancing academic, artistic, and practical learning experiences.
The successful applicant must hold a current Queensland College of Teachers Certificate. Commencement date is negotiable for the successful applicant, Term 4 2021 or Term 1 2022.
Applications for this position must include:
- Cover Letter addressing the 6 Key Selection Criteria (4 pages)
- Minimum of 3 professional referees’ names and contacts. Referees should be informed of the application for this position.
Applications and requests for the Position Description to:
Mr Steve Laughton, Birali Board Chair, via the Birali Board Secretary email: email@example.com
Applications close September 17, 2021. Applications will be addressed as they arrive.