PRIMARY TEACHER, 2020
(With the possibility to possibly commence in Term Four 2019 for an initial internship)
Lorien Novalis School is situated in the Hills District of Sydney, about 45 minutes to the northwest of the city, nestled in lush bushlands and landscape gardens. The school has been offering a rich and creative Steiner curriculum for over 40 years and built a strong reputation for the diverse and engaging education that it provides.
Lorien is seeking to fill an opportunity in the Primary school for a teacher who would:
- Be intending to become a committed Class Teacher, next year or the following year, taking a class from Class One through to Class Seven.
- Teach in the Primary school and Kindergarten as timetable requires.
- Stand in as relief teacher to Classes One to Seven as needed.
- Assist teachers in practical, organisational and educational matters.
- Teach in accordance with the school’s curriculum with the required skills and attributes to be a teacher within our school context and ethos.
- Support our class trip program by being willing and able to plan, lead, organise and attend excursions and overnight class trips.
- Attend afterschool professional development including teacher meetings, artistic lessons and other study sessions.
- Take responsibility for undertaking self-study in relation to Steiner Education and Anthroposophy.
- Have qualifications to be registered with NESA – NSW Educational Standards Authority. (Conditional or Provisional Accreditation accepted)
- Hold a current NSW WWC.
Commencement of employment in Term Four allows the remainder of the year to work in a capacity of Internship in order to gain experience knowledge and understanding of Steiner education in Lorien’s context.
We would be seeking qualities such as:
- A warm and appropriate rapport with children.
- A lively approach to teaching all subjects.
- Creativity in drawing, painting, music, handwork and other arts.
- Active enthusiasm for outdoor activities.
- Respectful openness to learning the ethos and culture of Lorien Novalis and Steiner Education.
- Engagement in Speech and Eurythmy.
- Working cooperatively and professionally with staff and management.
Preferred, but not essential, that the applicant has:
- Experience working in a Steiner School.
- Completed a form of study in Steiner Education or Anthroposophy.
Applications should be emailed as a single PDF attachment to Vivien Sievers, Head of Primary School: email@example.com.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter outlining details of your interest
- Details about knowledge and experience in teaching and Steiner Education
- Current CV
- Two professional references.
For confidential initial enquiries about the position please call Vivien Sievers, Head of Primary School on (02) 9658 0700.
Applications close by Friday 6thSeptember, 2019