Permanent Contract 2022
Milkwood Steiner School is situated on Larrakia land (Darwin), in the tropical north of Australia delivering a Steiner Curriculum to 100 students from Kindergarten to Class 6. Our school has unique large tropical style buildings with classrooms that open out on to broad verandas, with a playground that extends to a beautiful native bushland.
We are a thriving, growing school, with a welcoming community and children from diverse cultural backgrounds. Our College of Teachers are committed to applying the richness of a Steiner Education to the unique cultural and environmental context of Australia’s Top End. We are seeking a colleague who has a strong desire to grow our school with us.
In contrast to the rest of the country, our school operations are largely unaffected by COVID19 restrictions, and is operating as usual. Children enjoy camps, festivals and excursions and remote learning has not been required.
Milkwood teachers are supported by highly experienced teacher assistants and a rich release/specialist subject program. Mentoring is available within our College from leading Steiner teacher trainers.
Indigenous applicants who do not meet the Steiner Teaching qualification requirement, but have a willingness to engage in Steiner Teacher Training are strongly encouraged to apply, and will be provided with support and mentoring to join our College.
Key Selection Criteria
- A commitment to the principles of Steiner Education, including qualifications and/or commitment to Professional Development in Steiner Education
- Demonstrated experience planning, delivering and assessing a child-focused Steiner curriculum, with classroom management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and community including demonstrated skills in communication
- A love for children and an inclusive approach that values diversity and wellbeing
- Excellent understandings of self-care and insight into own support needs
- Specialist subject area training, skills, strengths or interests
- An interest in specialised areas of the school’s professional and cultural life (eg. child studies, festivals, adult education, eurythmy, community camps, mentoring)
All applicants must be eligible for teacher registration in the Northern Territory and provide a current Ochre Card, Police Check and First Aid Certificate.
Enquiries and applications to the Principal: email@example.com
Applications to include
- Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria
- CV and registration documents
- 2 referees