Primary School Teacher
Commencement Term One in 2021
Lorien Novalis Steiner School is situated in the Hills District of Sydney, about 45 minutes to the northwest of the city, nestled in lush bushlands and landscaped gardens. The school has been offering a rich and creative Steiner curriculum for 50 years and has built a strong reputation for the diverse and engaging education that it provides.
We are seeking a class teacher to take Class Two from the beginning of 2021 who would carry the class for the remainder of their time in Primary School.
The class has been held and taught by a loving and creative teacher for their first year of Primary education.
A class teacher at Lorien Novalis works closely with colleagues, specialist teachers and Heads of Faculties to deliver a rich learning program that is artistic and alive and provides a wide range of educational experiences in keeping with the school’s creative curriculum indications. This position would find the new teacher working with a cohesive group of staff members. Weekly mentoring sessions are offered to maintain support.
The teacher we seek will be someone who has taught in a Steiner school or who has training in Steiner Education and will work with the pedagogical and artistic indications of Rudolf Steiner and Lorien Novalis’ ethos.
The teacher would:
- Have skills and talents on some of the arts such as music and painting.
- Have skills in soft or hard handcrafts.
- Have a reasonable level of outdoor and camping skills to support the school’s outdoor education program
- Attend afterschool professional development including teacher meetings, artistic lessons and other study sessions.
- Take responsibility for undertaking continued self-study of Steiner Education and Anthroposophy.
- Maintain documentation and complete student and other reporting and other necessary administrative tasks.
- Have qualifications to be registered with NESA – NSW Educational Standards Authority. (Conditional or Provisional Accreditation accepted)
- Hold a current WWCC
Salaries are determined by the school via The Independent School’s MEA and are set according to qualifications and years of experience.
Apply in writing by emailing your resume, three referees and a covering letter addressing the following:
- Knowledge, experience and/or Training in Steiner Education
- Skills and experiences the arts and crafts
- Skills and experiences in outdoor activities
- Your qualifications
- Details of registration with NESA NSW
- WWCC details
to Vivien Sievers, at Head of Primary School firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 11th January 2021. Earlier expressions of interest will be considered upon receipt, which may lead to interviews before this date.