Primary School Teacher
Full time, permanent
We are looking for an enthusiastic Teacher to join our dedicated Primary Teaching Team to commence Term 1, 2023.
Orana Steiner School is a vibrant, growing co-educational Early Childhood to Year 12 school of around 600 students. Set within a natural landscape and on a magnificent 16-hectare property in Weston, an inner south suburb of Canberra, Orana seeks to provide a high-quality education for its students, based on the Steiner Education tradition. In its 40-year history, Orana Steiner School has developed an enviable reputation for its standards and achievements, and its warm, caring culture. Orana proudly employs applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
About the Role
You will work collaboratively with your colleagues across the School to develop and enhance a consistent curriculum which is delivered with creative freedom; approaching subjects through the realm of art, music, imagination and the oral tradition and seeking to find fresh connections with subject matter. The Primary School Teacher is accountable for all areas of teaching, assessment, reporting and pastoral care requirements for their class. You will be willing to participate actively in the life of the School, and be committed to ongoing individual and collaborative professional development as required.
The successful applicant will:
- have Primary School teaching experience
- have an active interest and enthusiasm to engage with the Steiner curriculum and willingness to promote the ethos of the School
- have strong knowledge of the Australian Curriculum (Kindergarten to Year 6)
- have experience in documenting, assessing and reporting on student progress
- have exemplary and innovative pedagogical skills
- be committed to ongoing professional development
- be organised, energetic and self-directed
- have a commitment to further personal development through anthroposophical study and artistic activity
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire young people
- have the skills and attitude to work collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- have a strong commitment to student wellbeing
- be willing to be involved in the wider life of the School, including festivals, camps, excursions and other school events.
Whilst experience across years 4 – 6 would be advantageous, we welcome and encourage all interested candidates with primary teaching experience to apply.
- Formal teaching qualifications
- Steiner training is desirable but not essential.
- Current ACT TQI Registration (or be eligible to obtain).
- Current ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WwVP) registration (or be eligible to obtain).
Salary and Conditions
Our school operates under the Independent Schools NSW Teachers (Hybrid Model) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2021. Salary and conditions are determined by this agreement.
How to Apply
Please apply directly through the SEEK portal. To be considered, you must have current TQI and WwVP registrations and your application must include:
- Your resume, including full contact details and details of two referees
- A statement (max. 2 pages) outlining your suitability for the position based on the requirements outlined above, and what you will bring to the position.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Statement of Service to determine salary on commencement.
Email address for enquiries: HR@oranaschool.com. Applications must be submitted through SEEK: Primary School Teacher Job in Weston Creek, Canberra ACT – SEEK
Applications close: Sunday, 4 December 2022 (or sooner if a suitable applicant is found). If you are interested in the position, please submit your application as soon as possible.