PRIMARY SCHOOL GERMAN LANGUAGE TEACHER PART-TIME 0.21 FTE
A vacancy exists for a part-time German Language Teacher over 2 half days at Silver Tree Steiner School to commence from Term 1, 2023.
Silver Tree Steiner School is nestled amongst over 25 acres of beautiful bushland in the Perth Hills providing a Steiner education from Early Childhood to Year 6 for over 200 students. Supported by a vibrant and nurturing school community, the education gives children time and space to deeply experience a creative, enriching and wonder filled learning environment.
About the role:
This role is ideal for a passionate and motivated teacher with a high degree of professionalism and diverse set of skills. You will be responsible for planning and implementing the German Language curriculum to students from Class 1 to Class 6, in line with the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework and working from an understanding of child development and Steiner philosophy.
Your ideal skills will include:
- fluent in German language
- successful teaching experience in a Steiner school or a deep interest and practical understanding of Steiner pedagogy and philosophy
- demonstrated ability to work supportively and collaboratively as part of an enthusiastic and committed team
- commitment to further personal and professional learning
- preparedness to be fully involved in the schools’ activities
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- have current WA Teacher Registration
- eligible to work in Australia
- current Working with Children Check
Benefits of working at Silver Tree Steiner School:
- we offer professional development opportunities to support and encourage the embodiment of Anthroposophical values of Respect, Connection and Creativity in our daily work
- we foster a caring, passionate and supportive culture
- we are situated in a beautiful working environment in the Perth hills
Silver Tree Steiner School is committed to child safety and wellbeing as a Child Safe Organisation. As part of the recruitment process the school will conduct pre-employment screening. Applicants are required to have a current WWCC clearance.
For a brief conversation regarding the German Language Teacher position please contact Kristy Brookes at email@example.com or phone: (08) 9295 4787.
A written cover letter clearly addressing the Job Description criteria, which can be found on our website www.silvertree.wa.edu.au, together with a CV and two professional referees should be emailed to the Head of School, Anna Brindal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 25th November at 5pm.