PRIMARY SCHOOL CO ORDINATOR/OPERATIONS MANGAER
Alice Springs Steiner School
Closing Date 30thApril 2019
Come and join us in the only truly desert, remote Steiner school in Australia! Our School is nestled below the breathtaking MacDonnell Rangesin the centre of our great continent.
We are seeking applicants with experience teaching in a Steiner School to become our Primary School Co Coordinator/ Operations Manager as part of our school management team. Ideally we are seeking a former Steiner School class teacher – having taken a class from class 1 to class 7 who also has at least 5 years school management experience.
You would be able to relate well to all staff, students and parents and generally inspire leadership within the primary faculty and school community.
We are seeking applicants who are team players with excellent communication, organisational and planning skills. Experience in Marketing is essential for this position. This position is negotiable in terms of employment. It is expected that the right applicant would become full time within 12 months.
You would report to the School Principal.
Key Selection Criteria for this position include
- A passion for working in Steiner education and a deep understanding of child development within anthroposophy.
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong, collegiate relationships with and amongst staff.
- Commitment to collaborative work practices and consensus decision-making processes.
- Ability to maintain discipline, build and maintain positive relationships with students, including understanding and relating to them perceptively and sympathetically.
- Evidence of successfully developing teams of staff, including delegating effectively and managing change.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and acknowledge excellence, as well as the ability and resolve to respond to underperformance effectively and decisively, holding staff accountable for their professional conduct and practice.
- Strong strategic management skills and experience, particularly in a school environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the current financial, regulatory and accountability requirements of independent schools.
- Demonstrated understanding and successful planning and implementation of school development strategies, including fundraising, marketing and public relations.
Our school has grown rapidly over 22 years from playgroup to Class 7 in 2019 through to Class 12 in 2024. We have single stream classes and are continuing our building program for the high school with a new Master Plan having been developed.
We follow the NT Public Sector – Teacher and Education 2014-2017 Enterprise Agreement as amended, which is similar to all Australian States. There are also taxation benefits available for working and living in a remote area – yet Alice Springs is a lively cosmopolitan town with strong indigenous culture, theatre, music, vibrant arts community, cafes, restaurants and all services.
For more details visit our website www.alicesteiner.nt.edu.au.
For further information please contact Bruce Thurgood, Principal at the school on 08 8953 4578
Please send an application with cover letter addressing all Key Selection Criteria and your CV to:
You will be required to have or obtain:
- Teacher Registration in the Northern Territory
- An Ochre Card (NT)
- A National Criminal History check
- A Current First Aid Certificate