Primary Class Teacher (Class Five)
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent
Commencement: Term four 9th October 2023
We currently have one full-time role available with Casuarina Steiner School Class 5.
Remuneration is in line with Independent Schools NSW (Support and Operational) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2021
- Join a dynamic organisation dedicated to advancing the delivery of high-quality Steiner education.
- Casuarina is situated in wonderful Coffs Harbour, in a natural setting along Coffs Creek.
Casuarina is seeking an experienced and dynamic Primary Steiner Class Teacher to commence with Class 5 in Term Four 2023 and join them as they continue their primary journey to Class 6. Casuarina is also working towards a year seven class.
Casuarina teachers provide an exceptional Steiner educational environment and learning experience for all students. You will join the college of teachers dedicated to providing an imaginative and holistic approach to teaching and learning based on Steiner’s pedagogical insights within a dynamic and progressive Steiner educational environment.
The ideal candidates will have a robust commitment to Steiner education, demonstrated experience as a Class Teacher in a Steiner primary school, and relevant teaching qualifications for eligibility for accreditation with the NSW Education Standards Authority.
Suitable candidates will be creative, adaptable, nurturing and understanding Steiner education’s principles, practices, and theory. We seek enthusiastic individuals willing to participate in all aspects of the Casuarina community, including co-curricular activities such as festivals, open days, and camps.
- A thorough understanding of Steiner Education and a willingness to undertake further professional development are required.
- The ability to differentiate effectively in the delivery of curriculum to meet the needs of all students
- Proven ability to facilitate a warm, encouraging and high-quality learning environment that meets the academic, social and emotional needs of all students
- Be guided by the pedagogical vision of Casuarina Steiner School and work within the NESA and the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework.
- Ability to use Steiner-focused learning to facilitate and enrich student learning and engagement
- Outstanding planning and organising skills, with strong attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate well with parents, students and staff
- Be accountable for teaching and pastoral care of the students, working with other teachers and with conscious awareness of the needs of the children and the role of the parents and guardians in their child’s education.
- A flexible and collegial approach to working with fellow staff
- Appropriate school teaching qualifications
- Appropriate Steiner School Teaching Qualification
- Eligibility to teach under the requirements of NESA
- Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria and provide a professional resume and contact details of two professional referees who have worked in a supervisory capacity.
Please address the selection criteria and submit a resume to the Board of Casuarina Steiner School.
Applications close: 9 am, Monday 21st September 2023
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check as required under the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012.
About Casuarina School
Situated on the sub-tropical Mid-North Coast, on the edge of beautiful bushland in the beachside city of Coffs Harbour, Casuarina Steiner School offers a unique education for children aged 12 months to 12 years.
Casuarina Steiner School provides an education based on a balanced approach to learning. Alongside a very high standard of academic education, our curriculum places great importance on educating the head, heart and hands, thereby educating the whole person intellectually, artistically, socially and morally to develop each student’s innate self-discipline and strength of body and will. Our next generation will need to be effective problem solvers, be adventurous to thrive in a changing world, face moral and ethical challenges that lie ahead and be creative to bring out the beauty in the world and themselves.
Based on the Steiner principles, we offer a nurturing environment to address children’s changing needs and capabilities at each stage of their development. Our methods of teaching ensure deep and rounded learning.
Casuarina Steiner School is committed to nurturing the children in the spiritual, artistic and intellectual environment of Steiner Education.
We engage children by educating the head, heart and hands to achieve harmony in all three as the foundation for balanced, responsible and free human beings.
We enable children to be innovative and guide them towards self-responsibility while being mindful of the rights of others.