PRIMARY CLASS ASSISTANT POSITION AT LORIEN NOVALIS SCHOOL IN DURAL
We are seeking a talented person to assist in Primary School. The main role is to assist the Class One teacher with the added role of supporting other teachers and other areas of the Primary School as needed.
This permanent position is to commence in Term 1, 2020, is for five days a week during school term time, and some school break time, as agreed.
The position requires skills and ability to learn a large variety of tasks from working in class with the teacher, separately with students in small groups or on a one-on-one basis, organising and preparing the classroom and materials, cleaning and tidying and other tasks as required by the teachers or Primary School.
- Love of working with children.
- Experience with Steiner Education (through parenting and/or work with children and/or ex-Steiner student).
- Ability to develop a sturdy rapport with staff and students, work diligently and in a timely manner.
- Working with Children Clearance (WWCC).
- Skills in handcrafts – particularly knitting, crocheting, embroidering and sewing.
- Ability to turn a hand to or learn hard crafts such as simple woodwork, basket weaving, sculpting.
- Talent with drawing and painting.
- Ability to work with Class Teachers and Learning Support teachers to support holistic academic, skills and learning development.
- Willingness and ability to partake in school culture including staff Eurythmy, Speech and other artistic lessons on offer, as well as attending Novalis College and other in-school professional development opportunities.
- On the way to, or keen on becoming a Steiner teacher in Primary School, or just have a passion to work in a Steiner school.
Please send your expression of interest, addressing the above selection criteria to Vivien Sievers, Head of Primary School at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further conversation please call Vivien Sievers on 02 9658 0700
Applications close on Friday 15th November 2019.