PRIMARY CLASS ASSISTANT POSITION AT LORIEN NOVALIS SCHOOL
We are seeking a talented person to assist class teachers, their students and lessons in Primary School, mainly across Classes Two to Six.
The position covers a large variety of tasks from working in class with the teacher, separately with students in small groups or on a one-on-one basis, organizing and preparing the classroom and materials, cleaning and tidying and other tasks as required by the teachers or Primary School.
- Experience with, and empathy for children and Steiner Education (through parenting and/or work with children).
- Ability to develop a sturdy rapport with staff and students, work hard and in a timely manner.
- Working with Children Clearance (WWCC).
- Skills in handcrafts – particularly knitting, crocheting, embroidering and sewing.
- Ability to turn a hand to or learn hard crafts such as simple woodwork, basket weaving, sculpting.
- Talent with drawing and painting.
- Ability to work with Class Teachers and Learning Support teachers to support holistic academic, skills and learning development.
- Willingness to partake in school culture including staff Eurythmy, Speech and other artistic lessons on offer, as well as attending Novalis College and other in-school professional development opportunities.
- On the way to, or keen on becoming a Steiner teacher in Primary School.
This position, to commence in Term 1, 2018, is for five days a week during school term time, and some holiday time, as agreed.
If you meet the above requirements please send your expression of interest with a response to these requirements to Vivien Sievers, Primary Coordinator at email@example.com.
Applications close on Friday 17th November 2017