Class Teacher – Prep – Early Years – Maternity Leave
Commencing in Term 3, 2021 (with transition and handover)
Do you have a pioneering spirit and love to be outdoors in all weather?
Birali Steiner School in Beachmere, QLD, is seeking a full-time fixed term (maternity leave) early years teacher for our Prep class.
Birali Steiner School is an emerging, innovative and vibrant Steiner School, on a 26-acre, greenfield site in Beachmere, Queensland, an hour north of Brisbane’s CBD. It presently operates with a Principal, Business Manager, Class Teachers, Teacher Aides, Admin and Maintenance staff. The School currently offers Pre-prep to Class 9 and is accredited P-10 with current enrolments of circa 100 students.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- plan, lead, record and assess the program;
- collaborate effectively with staff to maintain a healthy rhythm;
- have excellent communication skills with parents;
- attend staff meetings;
- help organise festivals, parent evenings, and other community events throughout the year
- will be able to continue the Class’ regular Wednesday Nature Play program at the local beach and/or on our school site
A passion for Steiner education is essential, although if no formal Anthroposophical/Steiner education studies have been completed, we will provide ongoing, in-house and external training and support.
The Class Teacher will be supported by loving, dedicated and experienced Teacher’s Aides that have been with Birali’s early years programs for a number of years.
Our ideal candidate is a qualified and experienced early childhood teacher, passionate about nature play, is flexible and adaptable to change and is willing to take over the care of this lovely class of children.
The successful applicant must:
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate
Please contact email@example.com for a Position Description or for further information.
Applications close 30th April, 2021