PREP TEACHER 2021
This position is full time position commencing in Term 1, 2021
About Cairns Hinterland Steiner School
We are an independent school situated in Kuranda and offer education from Kindergarten to Class 8. We are co-educational and non-denominational school offering the nationally accredited Steiner curriculum based on the educational insights of Rudolf Steiner.
We aim to support each individual child, with an understanding of their stage in childhood development and with this understanding, we encourage each child’s unique gifts and emerging potentials to unfold in a nurturing, imaginative and guided environment. We aim to create a place where goodness, beauty and truth permeate the pedagogical, physical, and social fabric.
Cairns Hinterland Steiner School is committed to the care, safety and protection of all children attending the school. Our School is a place where children are nurtured and supported so that they can develop their latent capacities and grow into well-rounded human beings.
The position involves the planning, implementation, and assessment of a quality educational programme for all children in the Prep year. All programmes must be grounded solidly in the philosophy and principles of Steiner Education and be cognizant of the role of parents / guardians hold in their child’s education. The Prep Teacher is responsible for all areas of teaching and pastoral care. The teacher works creatively, always seeking to find a fresh connection to the developmental needs of the children and to recognise readiness for learning.
We are seeking an experienced Steiner teacher with exemplary skills and qualities to fill this position. The successful applicant will have a deep understanding of Steiner pedagogy and philosophy along with a commitment to professionalism in their work. The role requirements are:
- Fully registered Teacher (Queensland)
- Teach with an anthroposophical approach to each child’s developmental needs and welfare in mind while delivering the Prep Steiner curriculum
- Be committed to ongoing individual and collaborative professional development in Early Childhood Education, including Steiner Education
- Demonstrate high level written and verbal communication skills
- Be responsible for maintaining positive relationships, with colleagues, parents/guardians and participate actively in the life of the school community
- Capacity to support and educate parents about Early Childhood education in Steiner schools
- Previous experience as a Steiner Teacher is preferred
To apply, email your application to email@example.com which is to include a covering letter that addresses the Selection Criteria and your resume and relevant documentation (qualifications, registration, referees, etc).
To request an application package please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 5:00pm Wednesday 23rd September 2020.
Key Selection Criteria
- An understanding of the principles of Steiner Education and a demonstrated respect for children and learning
- An understanding of child development as described by Rudolf Steiner and a commitment to professional learning and inner development through anthroposophical studies and artistic activities
- The ability to plan deliver and assess developmentally appropriate curriculum that integrates the development of the will and arts, combined with excellent classroom management skills
- Teaching experience, preferably in a Steiner school educational setting and an ability to work well with parents as partners.
- The ability to work collegially and a willingness to actively participate in and contribute to the cultural and festival life of the school
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills