Prep (Foundation) Teacher
- this is a Part-Time / Job Share position
- commencing immediately
Sophia Mundi is an inner-city Steiner school located in the historic Abbotsford Convent precinct close to the Yarra River. We offer a full Steiner Curriculum from Prep – to Class 10 and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme for students in Years 11 and 12.
We are seeking an experienced teacher with exemplary skills to fill this part-time / job-share position.
The successful applicant will have a deep understanding of Steiner pedagogy and philosophy along with a commitment to professionalism in their work. VIT registration for Primary Teaching is required for this position.
Key attributes and requirements for the position:
- Demonstrate high level written and verbal communication skills
- Be responsible for maintaining positive relationships, including with the job-share teacher and assistants through honest and regular communication with an open gesture
- Capacity to support and educate parents and the community about Steiner education
- Experience working in a shared role will be well regarded
- Previous experience as a Steiner Prep Teacher is preferred
Sophia Mundi is committed to the care, safety and protection of all children attending the school. Our School is a place where children are nurtured and supported so that they can develop their latent capacities and grow into well-rounded human beings.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of introduction and relevant documentation.
Applications close: Monday, 20 March 2023
Please note: This is an immediate start position, and the position may be filled prior to the closing date. We welcome early applications.