Applications are invited for the position of:
PART-TIME EDUCATION SUPPORT TEACHER
A vacancy exists for a Part-Time Education Support Teacher commencing Term 4, 2019. The position is 11.32 hours per week (FTE 28.2) spread over 2-3 days depending on timetable requirements.
Silver Tree is a caring, vibrant and growing school with an emphasis on developing the whole child through the head, heart and hands using the ACARA and SCSA recognised Australian Steiner Curriculum. The School has 200+ students from pre- Kindergarten to Class 6 and is located on 25 acres of semi-rural land in the peaceful natural bush area of Parkerville, in the Perth Hills WA.
The successful applicant will:
- Be eligible for WA Teacher Registration
- Have a knowledge of Waldorf/Steiner Education philosophy and be able to teach sensitively within these ideals
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed to work with class teachers, students and parents
- Have Sounds Write training, or willingness to be trained
- Be able to work with individual students as well as small groups
- Be able to support Class Teachers with the writing and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Have demonstrated ability to assess, plan and report for individual students
- Be willing to meet with parents of the students you teach when necessary
- Be able to offer resources and ideas to Class Teachers for whole class support
- Have a commitment to further personal and professional learning in both Steiner and Education Support fields
- Have a preparedness to be fully involved in the Schools’ activities
Applicants will submit a letter of Application addressing the essentials of the Position Statement, Curriculum Vitae, including the names and contact numbers of three referees, one of whom must be the current employer if applicable. The Position Statement can be found on the school’s website www.silvertree.wa.edu.au.
A Police Clearance Consent Form (http://www.trb.wa.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/Form-Informed-Consent-Form.pdf) current registration as a teacher with the Teacher’s Registration Board of WA and a Working with Children Check must also be included.
Applications close Tuesday 3rdSeptember 2019 at 5pm.
Applications should be addressed to the Head of School, marked ‘Confidential’ and emailed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: Anna Brindal – (08) 9295 4787 for enquiries.