Office Administrator / Receptionist
Little Yarra Steiner School is a K-12 school located in Yarra Junction in the beautiful Yarra Valley of Victoria. We are seeking an Office Administrator / Receptionist to join the school as a key member of the Administration team. Responsible for the front office desk, receptionist activity this role is the first point of contact for enquiries. Reporting to the Business Manager, this position is offered on a full time basis.
Key responsibilities of this position are:
- maintain the aesthetics of the front office to be welcoming and tidy and in keeping with Steiner school principles
- receive and redirect all enquiries, requests and communication received
- record and follow up student attendance
- maintain the sign-in and sign-out book system
- maintain a receipt system
- manage appointments and visitors for the Principal and Business Manager
- assist the finance team with purchasing and procurement requests
- assist with First Aid incidents
- secure the administration building at close of business.
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant qualifications and experience.
- High level ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy around School matters.
- High level ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to listen to, identify the needs and communicate effectively with staff, students and contractors.
- Understanding of and ability to work professionally in a school environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Able to work constructively and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Hold and maintain first aid qualifications.
- Hold and maintain a current Working with Children check.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Appreciation and/or understanding of Steiner education
- Capacity to contribute beneficially and support the overall management and leadership of the school
Applicants must address the Selection Criteria in their application and submit it with a copy of their resume including contact details of three referees to:
Little Yarra Steiner School
Applications close 3 December 2021