MIDDLE SCHOOL Teacher assistant and administrator
A full-time position commencing Term 1 2022 for 12 months (possibility of extension)
Applications close: 5pm (AWST) Thursday, 7 October 2021
Helena River Steiner School is a small, city-based co-educational and non-denominational school in Midland, Western Australia.
We offer a Steiner education from Kindergarten to Class 8/9 (in 2022), based on the nationally accredited Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework (ASCF), which is grounded in the educational insights of Rudolf Steiner. We aim to create a school where the Core Principles for Australian Steiner Schools permeate its pedagogical, physical and social fabric through the thinking, feeling and willing actions of its employees and community members.
For this position we seek a dynamic Teacher Assistant with administration experience who sees the potential career pathway this multi-faceted role offers over the next five years and beyond.
Your role will be to work in collaboration with the Middle School teachers assisting in the classroom and providing supplementary administrative support as they bring the ASCF learning areas to life in a creative manner in the classroom and in the Midland surrounds, supporting our School’s values of Wonder, Compassion, Creativity, Authenticity and Wellness.
If you are training to be a teacher, have a particular specialist expertise, or are eligible for Limited Registration to Teach in Western Australia, this position may offer opportunities for Relief Teaching and development towards teaching studies. We aim for this role to grow as the School grows, and for teaching and/or leadership opportunities to develop over the years to come.
The essential requirements and attributes of the role include:
- An understanding of the need to be flexible and able to change roles as the structure of the day and daily challenges dictate. Your program will be organised around the teaching timetable and needs of each class, with the balance of your work focused on working with the Primary School Administrative Team to ensure the administrative needs of the Middle School are met.
- Demonstrated skills in effective, responsive communication. The specific duties of this position will be finalised by the end of 2021. The successful applicant will be supported to develop this role in collaboration with the School’s Leadership Team.
- A current Working With Children Check
- A Cert 111 or IV Education Assistant (or prior experience working as a Teacher Assistant)
- Administration qualification, or significant prior administration experience.
Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
To apply for this position, email your CV and a covering letter that describes your suitability against the above requirements and attributes of the role to the Principal, Tanami Magnus, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about this position, prior to sending your application, contact the High School Education Coordinator at: email@example.com.