MIDDLE PRIMARY TEACHER – FTE 1.0 COMMENCING TERM 1, 2024
Golden Hill Steiner School is a thriving, growing school, with a welcoming community. We are located in the beautiful coastal town of Denmark, Western Australia, approximately 400kms south of Perth, where the forest meets the sea. Established 35 years ago, the school has grown to offer a full Steiner curriculum from Playgroup to Class 8 in 2024, with plans to expand to Year 10 by 2026.
At Golden Hill we aim to deliver a complete human-centered education based on Steiner principles and contemporary practices, that enables students to grow into healthy, purposeful, creative adults who can do the good of fostering a healthy society. If you are an enthusiastic teacher with a desire to grow our school with us, we invite you to apply to join our dynamic team in 2024 to take up a full-time position as a middle primary teacher.
Golden Hill Steiner School is committed to being a child safe organisation, taking a preventative and participatory stance on child protection issues and promoting a child safe environment.
Written applications must include a CV, a two-page cover letter addressing the selection criteria, and three referees, one of which must be your most recent line manager.
- Current registration or provisional registration, with the Teachers Registration Board
- A commitment to the principles of Steiner Education, including qualifications and/or commitment to Professional Development in Steiner Education.
- Demonstrated experience planning, delivering and assessing a child-focused Steiner curriculum, with classroom management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and community including demonstrated skills in
- A love for children and an inclusive approach that values diversity and
- Excellent understandings of self-care and insight into own support
All applicants must be eligible for teacher registration in Western Australia and provide a current Working With Children Check, Police Clearence and First Aid Certificate.
- Steiner Education
- Previous experience working in a Steiner
- Understanding of learning support
- Committed and passionate
- A high regard for Steiner education and how it compares with other contemporary educational practices, and a willingness to continue developing an understanding of the Steiner curriculum and its implementation.
- High level of oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well with
- Demonstrated ability in effective behaviour management congruent with Steiner education
- Proven ability to work collegially including participating effectively in group decision
- Ability and willingness to promote the school to parents and the community when
Applications should be marked ‘Private & Confidential’ and emailed to Jacqui Hamblin, Principal at the following address email@example.com
For a conversation about this position, and to discuss accommodation options, please phone Jacqui Hamblin on 0429 513 456.
Applications close 4:00pm on Friday, October 13th, 2023.