POSITION DESCRIPTION – MATHS/PHYSICS TEACHER
Position Title: Secondary Mathematics Teacher
Award: Independent Schools MEA 2017 – 2021
Responsible to: Head of School
Lorien Novalis Steiner School is situated in the Hills District of Sydney, about 45 minutes to the northwest of the city, nestled in over 6 hectares of lush bushlands and landscaped gardens. The school has been offering a rich and creative Steiner curriculum for 50 years and has built a strong reputation for the diverse and engaging education that it provides.
To provide caring, creative, and engaging educational programs in mathematics education for secondary students working with the pedagogical and artistic indications of Rudolf Steiner, and the Lorien Novalis’ ethos.
- Develop and maintain a nurturing, positive learning environment.
- Implement Mathematics years 7-12 Curriculum, including the development and regular review of creative, engaging and effective Teaching/Learning and Assessment Programs that meet the requirements of both Steiner education and NESA, as well as the individual needs of students.
- Work within teams of teachers to plan, develop and evaluate the curriculum and teaching/learning programs.
- Organize and participate in school sport, excursions, camps and outdoor education program as required.
- Develop and maintain positive and supportive relationships and to communicate effectively with students, colleagues, parents and carers.
- Participate in school based professional learning, including attendance of staff meetings, and take responsibility for ongoing self-study of Steiner Education and Anthroposophy.
- A willingness to participate in aspects of the Lorien Novalis community, including co-curricular activities such as Festivals, Plays and Open Days.
Key Selection Criteria
- Strong background in teaching mathematics (7-12). Familiarity and experience in teaching in a Steiner school main lesson context would be advantageous.
- General understanding of the principles and practices of Steiner education.
- Ability to develop interesting and effective learning programs and resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working in teams and ability to be a willing and enthusiastic team member.
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional learning.
- Secondary teaching qualifications appropriate to the position that meet NESA requirements.
- Hold a current WWCC (Working With Children Check).
- Bus Licence
- Experience teaching in Steiner schools and understanding of the principles of Steiner/Waldorf education.
- Steiner teaching qualifications.
Apply in writing by emailing in one PDF your resume, three referees, qualifications, WWCC and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to:
Dr Konrad Korobacz (Head of School) firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday 22nd October 2021.
Earlier expressions of interest will be considered upon receipt, which may lead to interviews before this date.