Mathematics Teacher – Commencing Term 4, 2019
We are seeking a dynamic educator qualified to teach Mathematics across our Middle School. This position will carry an allotment of between 0.7 EFT to full-time, depending on the skills and experience of the applicant. Additional Methods or experience teaching ICT and / or Science will be well regarded.
Sophia Mundi is an inner-city Steiner school located in the historic Abbotsford Convent precinct close to the Yarra River. We offer a full Steiner Curriculum for classes P – 10 and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) for students in Years 11 and 12.
Our Middle School Curriculum (Years 7 to 10) is developed from the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework and has been designed with needs of the individual student in mind. The Mathematics Curriculum is a rich experiential journey which includes a variety of exciting and engaging main lessons, which are further developed in practice lessons. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the Middle School Mathematics Steiner Curriculum (easily accessed through the Steiner Education Australia website), specifically how the main lessons enrich and develop the students’ abilities and love of Mathematics.
Sophia Mundi is committed to the care, safety and protection of all children attending the school. Our School is a place where children are nurtured and supported so that they can develop their latent capacities and grow into well-rounded human beings
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Ability to teach Mathematics to Year 12 level (IB qualifications and experience is an advantage)
- A passion for the subjects and a capacity to engender interest
- Knowledge of Steiner education is preferred
- The successful applicant must be able to work collegially within our creative team of teachers and be a good communicator
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Evidence of current VIT registration and a sound understanding of and commitment to Child Safety Standards
Additional Skills which could lead to higher allocations include:
- Ability to teach Digital Technology to Year 10 level
- Ability / experience teaching Science across the Middle Schooland to Year 12
Please send applications as soon as possible, to our Principal, Fiona Cock: email@example.com
Application Close: Thursday, 8 September 2019