Sophia Mundi Steiner School is seeking a skilled person to carry out routine maintenance at our small school located within the Abbotsford Convent Arts & Cultural Precinct.
- Part-time, 30hrs/week, ongoing position
- Flexible working hours
- Great community in a fabulous setting
We are seeking a hands-on maintenance worker to carry out routine maintenance and upkeep of the school and grounds. You will work closely with the Business Manager to coordinate tasks and undertake or delegate work as required. You will liaise with Convent maintenance staff and external tradespeople when required. The position would suit an active, retired tradesperson with all round handy-person skills.
This flexible role is 6 hours per day (Monday to Friday), including during school term breaks. Weekends and additional hours for festivals and events may be required from time to time, including a willingness to be contactable after hours in the case of emergency.
Required Skills / Resources:
- Time management and task prioritisation
- Ability to solve problems
- Team player
- Proficiency in power tools and equipment
- Own vehicle with a towbar to pull school trailer
- Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Trade qualifications and experience would be an advantage (e.g., plumbing / carpentry / metalwork / electrics)
Applicants must have a Working with Children Check.
Applications can be emailed with a current resume, including details of two referees to Dianne Rich firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 19 June 2023.