‘LITTLE KINDY’ PREP CLASS
Commencement date 10th October 2022 (negotiable)
0.6 FTE (Monday to Wednesday each week).
Lorien Novalis School is situated in the Hills District of Sydney, about 45 minutes to the northwest of the city, nestled in lush bushlands and landscaped gardens. The school has been offering a rich and creative Steiner curriculum for 50 years and built a strong reputation for the diverse and engaging education that it provides.
Our ‘Little Kindy’ Prep class offers a three-day week program, Monday to Wednesday, for children who are four, turning five. This preparation class guides the children to progress to full-time school in Kindergarten in the following year.
‘Little Kindy’ Prep provides fundamental elements of the Kindergarten curriculum, appropriate for this younger age group. The children gain experiences and develop skills to meet their developmental stages, through content-rich learning experiences where they partake in creative and inventive play through engagement in a holistic and natural environment.
Lorien Novalis is seeking a classroom assistant to support the children and the Little Kindy teacher. The successful candidate would:
- Have an enthusiastic, caring and appropriate rapport and willingness to fully devote the day to the children.
- Strive towards establishing positive relationships with all children, fostering creative play and modelling participation in all that we do.
- Support the teacher as they strive towards filling daily, weekly and term goals.
- Assist with the daily preparations to ensure a smooth running of activities and transitions.
- Be willing to apply hands-on support in the everyday care of the children, attending to their needs as required.
- Contribute to the care of the L.K. environment both inside and out.
Essential requirements include:
- A respectful openness to learning the ethos and culture of Lorien Novalis and Steiner Education.
- A willingness to work cooperatively and professionally with staff and management.
- Knowledge and experience, or willingness to undertake professional learning, in Steiner Education specifically in Early Childhood.
- Attend afterschool professional development including teacher meetings, artistic lessons and other study sessions.
- Hold a current NSW WWCC.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Please email applications in a single PDF attachment to:
Your application should include:
- A covering letter outlining details relevant to this role.
- Information about knowledge and/or experience in Steiner Education
- Current CV
- Two professional references.
For initial and confidential enquiries about the position please call Konrad Korobacz on (02) 9658 0700.