Fixed Term, Part-Time Position
January – December 2024
Sophia Mundi Steiner School is looking to employ a part-time Librarian to work 20 hours/week over 5 days. We seek suitably experienced applicants with formal qualifications, preferably within an education setting for this part-time position (0.5 FTE).
The Librarian is responsible for providing a range of Library and Information and Technologies services for the staff and students of Sophia Mundi. These responsibilities include supporting students by promoting reading, facilitating access to information, helping students improve their selection of resources and researching skills. Additionally, the librarian supports the teaching staff through curation, selection and promotion of resources that contribute to their teaching disciplines.
The Librarian is responsible for creating a learning environment that is stimulating, inclusive and welcoming and which supports a culture of reading throughout the school.
- Qualifications and certifications
- VIT registration is desirable.
- Relevant suitable tertiary qualifications is desirable
- Current Working with Children Check
- Skills and experiences include:
- Experience in managing a library.
- Knowledge of library management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using and Competency with ICT including Learning management systems and Microsoft office.
- Strong organisational skills
Sophia Mundi is a progressive, co-educational inner-city, Steiner school located in the Abbotsford Convent, Melbourne. In P-10 we offer the ACARA approved Steiner National Curriculum and in Years 11-12 the IBDP. Sophia Mundi Steiner School promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all students.
Please email your application to the Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of introduction and relevant documentation (CV including qualifications, experience, registration, referees)
Applications close Monday, 11 December 2023
Please note: We welcome early applications. The position may be filled prior to the closing date.