Learning Support (Integration Assistant)
Sophia Mundi Steiner School is seeking to appoint passionate and nurturing Learning Support Assistants. The main role of the Learning Support Assistant will be to support effective student engagement in learning and provide encouragement and guidance to students to reach their target goals in school. We are looking for someone who can work collaboratively with staff while developing positive and enriching relationships with the student. A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, a knowledge of educational and learning principles and demonstrate an understanding in providing care and support to students with learning needs.
Please see the Position Description for further details about the role.
This position is classified under the Educational Services (General Staff) Award (MA00076) 2020, as Classroom Support Services Level 2
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Certificate II in Educational Support and\or demonstrated classroom experience working in an educational setting with young people with diverse learning needs.
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Experience with or knowledge of BSEM model
- Experience with or interest and openness towards learning more about Steiner Education.
- Experience working with neurodiverse students.
- A knowledge of learning processes of children requiring support and enrichment.
- A collaborative approach with colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated desire to apply a growth mindset to professional development.
- Commitment to actively participate in the co-curricular and pastoral activities of the School.
- Excellent record keeping.
- Discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should include:
- A Cover letter addressing your suitability for the position
- A Resume detailing your qualifications and experience
- And professional referees
All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to undergo police and background checks in accordance with this policy.
Applications close: Monday, 11 December 2023