Learning Support Assistant (Primary School)
Orana Steiner School (Orana) is an independent, co-educational and non-denominational school set in 16 hectares of unique, natural landscape in Weston, an inner south suburb of Canberra. The school was founded in 1981 and currently has enrolments from pre-preschool to Year 12.
Our educational philosophy focuses on the growth and development of the whole child. Our students are provided with an age-appropriate curriculum that meets their developmental needs. As well as providing a stimulating environment for the study of a broad range of subjects, we strive to nourish the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual development of our students.
Learning Support Model at Orana
At Orana, student diversity is recognised and valued through a curriculum that is responsive to the developmental phases of childhood and encourages creativity and free-thinking and by fostering inclusive learning environments.
The key aim of the Learning Support model at Orana is to provide an approach to meet the diversity of student needs in classes that is inclusive, effective and efficient.
Collaboration between Student Support Staff, Teachers including Specialist Teachers, and Parents is an essential element of such an approach.
We are seeking a qualified and passionate Learning Support Assistant to work in a primary class in 2022 and possibly onwards.
This is initially a 6-month contracted position with the likely prospect of an extended appointment. Working hours will be 9:00am-12:15pm 5 days a week with a likely extension to 3:10pm for 1 day a week. These hours may increase during Term 2.
Experience in Steiner education is not essential however a genuine interest and willingness to undertake professional learning in Steiner education is important for your success in the role.
- Minimum Certificate III in Education Support or other relevant qualification.
- Experience in supporting students with disability preferably in primary years.
- Current or eligible for ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration.
- Positive attitude towards children.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of curriculum and the strategies to assist learning that students require to reach their potential.
- Strategies for improving the learning outcomes for students.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills of high standard.
- Ability to respond to boundaries with student behaviour and be adaptable.
- Interest in learning about Steiner education.
How to Apply
Apply in writing by emailing your current resumé and a covering letter. Please ensure your application details your qualifications, registrations and three referees.
Please send your application to: email@example.com.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 6288 4283 and ask to speak with Leone Jansen.
Applications close Wednesday, 1st December 2021
Visit Orana’s website https://www.oranaschool.com for further details about our school and philosophy.