Learning Support Assistant
Orana Steiner School (Orana) is an independent, co-educational and non-denominational school set in 16 hectares of unique, natural landscape in Weston, an inner south suburb of Canberra. The school was founded in 1981 and currently has enrolments from pre-preschool to Year 12.
Our educational philosophy focuses on the growth and development of the whole child. Our students are provided with an age-appropriate curriculum that meets their developmental needs. As well as providing a stimulating environment for the study of a broad range of subjects, we strive to nourish the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual development of our students.
Learning Support Model at Orana
At Orana, student diversity is recognised and valued through a curriculum that is responsive to the developmental phases of childhood and encourages creativity and free-thinking and by fostering inclusive learning environments.
The key aim of the Learning Support model at Orana is to provide an approach to meeting the diversity of student needs in classes that is inclusive, effective and efficient.
Collaboration between Student Support Staff, Teachers including Specialist Teachers, and Parents is an essential element of such an approach.
We are seeking a qualified and passionate Learning Support Assistant to join a small team which is dedicated to provide a collaborative approach to meeting the diversity of student needs in our Primary School classes.
This is initially a 12-month contracted position with the prospect of an extended appointment. Working hours will be 8:30 am-3:30 pm Monday to Friday during term time.
Experience in Steiner education is not essential however a genuine interest and willingness to undertake professional learning in Steiner education is important for your success in the role.
- Minimum Certificate III in Education Support or other relevant qualification.
- Experience in learning support preferably in primary years.
- Current or eligible for ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration.
- Commitment to further personal development through anthroposophical study and artistic activity.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of pedagogy and issues around the many learning styles that students require to reach their potential.
- Strategies for improving the learning outcomes of students across a range of classes.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills of high standard.
- Positive attitude towards children.
How to Apply
Apply in writing by emailing your current resumé and a covering letter. Please ensure your application details your qualifications, registrations and three referees.
Please send your application to: email@example.com.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 6288 4283 and ask to speak with Human Resources.
Applications close Monday 26 April, 2021
Visit Orana’s website https://www.oranaschool.com for further details about our school and philosophy.