Learning Support Assistant
The Castlemaine Steiner School & Kindergarten is well established and offers Playgroup to Class 8. The school is situated on 18 acres of beautiful Dja Dja Wurrung country, 5km from the heart of the Castlemaine.
For 2021, we are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to assist the Class Teacher and children in Class 1 (aged 6-7). We value team players with excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, commitment and a love of children.
A full position description is available at www.cssk.vic.edu.au.
- Certificate IV in Education Support or equivalent.
- Current Working with Children status.
- Thorough understanding of Child Safe practices and the Disability Standards for Education.
- Minimum 100 hours experience working with children who have identified learning and support needs, including children who experience Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to work under the direction of a Class Teacher.
- Completion of professional training in learning strategies and behaviour support for Autism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Word etc.
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of Steiner Education.
- Knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- First Aid Level 2
Applications & Interviews
Applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 7th of December. Applications must include a CV, Cover Letter and separate document addressing the Essential Criteria.
Interviews for this position will take place on Thursday & Friday the 10th and 11th of December. In consideration of COVID19, it is yet to be determined if interviews will be held in person or via Zoom.
If you wish to learn more about the position please contact the Principal, Danilo Paglialonga, on 03 5479 2000 OR email@example.com