Learning Support Aide, High School 2023
- School: Chrysalis Steiner School, Thora (Bellingen)
- Closing Date: 27 January 2023
- FTE: 58
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chrysalis Steiner School has been established for 40 years and we currently have around 220 students across classes K-10. The School is located in the Thora Valley, approximately 20 minutes drive from the picturesque town of Bellingen. Our setting is on a hillside facing National Parks and beside the stunning Bellinger River, providing a uniquely beautiful environment for our children.
Chrysalis School is seeking to recruit a support person who is able to assist students within a High School setting. This will involve supporting the teachers in implementing a range of teaching and learning strategies which assist students with additional needs as part of inclusive teaching and learning practices. This may involve assisting students using co-operative learning, scaffolding, modelling and worked examples.
- Communicating effectively and displaying high level of interpersonal skills to function as an effective team member.
- Displaying respect and empathy for all students.
- Displaying confidentiality, tact, reliability and sensitively to students and their families.
- Child Protection e-learning module completion.
Attributes also include:
- Working independently.
- Demonstrable initiative.
- Showing a positive attitude with students and teachers.
- A willingness to be flexible and adaptable.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate 3 in Education Support or equivalent.
- Experience working with children with a range of learning needs in a High School setting.
- A broad understanding of the philosophy and principles of Steiner Education.
- Current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Applications should include:
- A covering letter outlining details relevant to this role.
- Current CV.
- The names, positions and telephone contact numbers for at least three referees who can comment on your suitability for this position, including one referee at your current school.
Questions regarding this process are welcome and should in the first instance be referred to Jacqui Dutson on 02 6655 8616.
Applications close Friday 27 January 2023 and should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.