Learning Assistant Kindergarten and Class 1
Applications Close: Wednesday, 9th December 2020
Casuarina School is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and professional Learning Assistant with a strong commitment to and passion for Steiner education to join our school in 2021. We also invite applications from teachers interested in the opportunity to gain experience and insight into a Steiner Kindergarten and Class One and in becoming a Steiner teacher.
Casuarina School is a warm and vibrant community with 125 children from K to Year 6 and is located in the sub- tropical city of Coffs Harbour. Casuarina School offers an inclusive educational program, which welcomes and supports all children whose parents are seeking a Steiner education for their child/ren. For further information about our School please see our website www.casuarina.nsw.edu.au
If you have a commitment to the philosophy of Steiner Education, a passion for supporting children in their early years of schooling and to working collaboratively with the class teacher, we warmly invite you to apply.
This is a permanent part time position of 23 hours weekly distributed over five days for 2021.
- Certificate III in Learning Support or equivalent
- Early Childhood Certificate III in Early Child Education for Kindergarten, or Certificate in Children Services and/or relevant Steiner Early Childhood training preferred
- Demonstrated sound personal qualities of initiative, tact, reliability and the ability to work collaboratively with the class teacher and in a team
- Demonstrated ability to understand and respond appropriately to young children aged 4-8 years of age
- Knowledge of, and ability to learn quickly about classroom activities and procedures, specific support programs and use and maintenance of resources.
- First aid certificate desirable
- Experience in Steiner Early Childhood Kindergarten settings
- Experience working with children in early childhood and early primary years
- Experience or training in working with students with learning differences and disabilities
For further information please contact Elsbeth Haenggi on 6651 2770
Please forward an application, addressing the above criteria, a CV, and the names of 2 referees including 1 from your current or most recent school to:
Casuarina Steiner School
PO Box 1415, Coffs Harbour